Morel & Asparagus Quiche
- 1 pie tin
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (used mozzarella)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of uncooked morel mushrooms, chopped
- 6-8 spears of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- If you are using fresh morels, check out our prior post on how to prepare morels.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Sauté morels over medium heat for 10 minutes. Always cook morels!
- Place shredded cheese into the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, thyme, basil, onion powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Add morels, asparagus and spinach to egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the eggs are solid in the middle. (You could check this with a toothpick or a fork).
Click for more homemade recipes from Sustainable Blessings.